Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where can I learn to apply makeup correctly?

I want to start using makeup, (foundation, eyeshadow etc) but I'm not very good at applying it. I tend to look like a circus clown. Where can I learn to apply it correctly? Can anyone recommend some good website etc?Where can I learn to apply makeup correctly?
Foundation- If you have dry skin use foundation if you have oily skin use powder. When using foundation if you're face is a different color than neck you have the wrong color. Also ask people if they can tell you're wearing it cause if they can you're wearing too much.





Eyeshadow- You can match it to your clothes or your eyes. I suggest eyes then you only have to buy one palette. Green/hazel eyes you want to go with browns, golds, tans, olives, colors like that. Blue eyes try a light silver or very pale violet. Never under any circumstances wear blue eyeshadow it's not the eighties.





Eyeliner/Mascara- It's hard. For the bottom lid pull down your lid and do a line on the red part of your eye. Try to get someone to show you if you can. I like to wear brown mascara because I think it's more natural and I also have brown hair. Pick black or brown whichever looks better on you. Remember, you don't need buckets of eyeliner like my avatar is wearing :) And everyone says once you start wearing eyeliner you won't like the way you look without it. If it doesn't look good (which is doesn't on some people) don't bother wearing it. You probably don't need it.





Blush- Don't wear it unless you're ghostly pale or your face is one color.





That's pretty much it. Don't feel the need to wear tons of makeup if it makes you uncomfortable and if you can get a sister or something to give you some more tips that would be good. Have fun with it, good luck!Where can I learn to apply makeup correctly?
I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant. i have learned a lot about makeup from other consultants. your best bet is to go to the website and get some tips from there. and if that is not good then you can contact a consultant and they will teach you how to apply makeup for free in a session. no charge.
Family, Youtube, my friend went to the mall and had some professional show her at Bare Essentials. You can get it done at like Sephora or Ulta but I think you have to call in ahead of time, but it's free!














Please help me :)


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=2鈥?/a>
I thought this was a pretty good site.


http://www.ehow.com/how_11271_apply-make鈥?/a>





You can also use google or youtube. :) Depends on what look you are looking for; besides a circus clown. :p
I would go to a make up counter and ask them everything you want to know. They know what they're taking about and will be very helpful! Remember, less is more :)
There are lots of tutorials on '; you Tube'; on how to apply makeup
ask ur mom, aunt, older sis, friends, etc.


or look on youtube for demonstrations.
youtube.com has a bunch of cool makeup vids. just type in makeup or something along those lines.
  • Fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    systemworks