Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does anyone else find it disgusting when women apply makeup for the day on public transport?

I mean, there is something so exhibitionist about it. It is admirable in a way, the way a woman can convert herself from Bo Diddley to Bo Derek in 15 minutes flat.





Does it bother anyone else?Does anyone else find it disgusting when women apply makeup for the day on public transport?
OMG i hate it! The worst the absolute worst it the modern obsession with lip balm..some women will be in the middle of a conversation with you and think it's OK to start raking in the bag to apply lip salve for the 400th time that day..Just how scabby can their gob be?





I hate it when they tug at their hair constantly pulling it down and straighter only they cant do it properly because of their false nails..





Women who brush their hair in front of me on the bus!!! WTF? How rude is that?





I've got a friend who puts make up on any where( the one who peed on me leg)..we have many a heated discussion.I cringe I don't even want to be associated with it..I'm not sure why I'm bothered its just the height of vanity I suppose..how effing bothered can you be?Does anyone else find it disgusting when women apply makeup for the day on public transport?
Perception of another woman: I counted 7 honest answers from women and that didn't include the questionable names - glad you'e not doing a legit unBIASed survey Er..Oem..starts.





Don't do mine on public transport BTW - only because I lack the nerve and the skill. Report Abuse

Well, if you hate it, you'll see many such common scenes in Japan when you take the trains. Personally, I don't do that out of respect for other commuters who may feel uneasy.





What's worse is that I have seen many inconsiderate people who cut their nails openly in the train and even on buses which is so annoying and unhygienic. I always give a look of dismal %26amp; disgust. If you have seen such people, I bet you'll feel they're worse than the women who apply makeup. At least, these women don't make that irritating clicking noise and dirty the environment like those dirty fellows who let their unwanted nails lie everywhere in the trains and on the buses!
Ugh yeah. The other day I found myself a nice comfy (haha) seat on the train, away from anyone else. Next station, a woman in her mid thirties gets on and sits opposite me. She took a whole bloody bag of makeup out - not just some mascara or eyeshadow, but the whole friggin' load: cream, foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lipgloss - and started applying it. It took her around 30 minutes, by which time I had already arrived at my station.





I think it麓s very selfish of them. I don't do it, I do it at home, so why the hell can麓t they?
I wouldn't call it digusting. Opposed to brushing one's hair it isn't causing any impairment to another traveller's personal appearance or journey (I was referring to little hairs that may be shed) applying make up doing affect you at all. Women have a lot more social pressures to look good and feel good about themselves and applying make up is one of those little mediums to do so. Also women often have the same amount of time to get ready as a man and twice as many things to do in that time.





Everyone has their little annoyances. Some people don't like people texting or calling people on public transport. Some people don't like others to talk to them. Some don't like people eating next to them. You will never be able to win in this situation as unlike those cases, its not noisy and if you don't like to see it, just don't look at them!





What do you expect? That we all should sit there in silence, avoiding eye contact and with our hands in our laps?
Not really though I do feel it is dangerous. Hit a bump at just the right time and say goodbye to your eye! lol I do feel it is something that should be done at home if possible but if you need to then i guess that is that. I personally haven't attempted it I try to do my makeup and primping before leaving my house. Or if I can't do my makeup I just leave without it, Give my skin a day of freedom if you will. LOL no I guess if it really bothers you, you can always say something about it.
It's disgusting. This morning one woman was brushing her hair and filing her nails on the tube. All those bits of her in the air - yuk. Perhaps in a couple of years from now women will be cleaning their teeth on the bus whilst men shave with an electric razor. The place to perform one's toilet is the bathroom - not public transport.
no i think of it as a gift (i'm a girl) and the fact that we can put on mascara and eyeliner and lipgloss and eyeshadow and blush just shows that we are amazingly coordinated and ya know what??? i bet half the men in the world (u included!!) can't put on chapstick right when your sitting down in a chair much less in a moving vehicle and so yeah if you have a problem with that, make an organization and a petition and send it to the white house or congress and have them pass a bill. i can see the headlines now:


WOMEN ARRESTED FOR PUTTING ON MAKEUP ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION see page 3 for details


LOL anyways yeah i don't think that there's anything wrong with doing that.
It doesn't bother me in any way. In fact, there is something highly comical about having to apply a mask before you can face your colleagues. It also makes me laugh when they pull those funny faces which seem to be part of the ritual.
I don't find it disgusting, it just annoys me.





I find it strange that people who don't have time to put it on before they head off to work or that, don't just not put it on. It seems a bit vain.
no.





i hate make up, but its not disgusting or vile to put on when riding a bus. i guess it just kinda shows she'd rather sleep in an extra 15 min and do her face on the bus
Not particularly. I don't do it myself, but that's mainly because the public transport is bumpy and I would muck it up.
Why disgusting? Maybe its irritating or annoying to you. I personally don't do it, I just feel uncomfortable doing my makeup in public places.
I think it is far more disgusting that men sit in their cars picking their noses and think that a glass window disguises it somehow. Gross!
Why would it be disgusting???





Maybe they dont have enough time to do it in the house!!





Its not offensive in anyway and theyr not bothering you,,so why should it matter????





Jeeezzzzz
It's a bit tacky but not everyone can find the time, especially in the morning.
If it takes them 15 minutes to get the polyfilla in there must be some right ugly blighters on your train
If only you knew anything about women. You haven't had much experience have you? After all, you do look flatout like a homosexual in your avatar.
Disgusting is probably not the right word to use. Does not bother me.
No I find it fascinating.


My GF loves watching me wet shave in the bathroom because of the faces I pull.
If you don't want to see the sores , look away now . . .
I don't find it disgusting. It may be annoying to some people, but not disgusting.
Doesn't bother me, but I never do my makeup in public.
I think it's cheap when they do
I think its HOT!!
No. I don't get the big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks