Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where can I learn to apply makeup that's cheap but quality?

I really want to learn how to apply makeup! Where can I go to learn for a reasonable price? My price range is around $35.00.





Please help me!Where can I learn to apply makeup that's cheap but quality?
I love this store called Ulta. They have a ton of brands from L'oreal to Smashbox. Here is a list of what I would consider essential basic items for doing eyeshadow, excluding brushes.





Two eyeshadows (I would go for a duo. Usually they're coordinated and cheaper than buying two separate eyeshadows.)





Eyeliner (I like a cream or a gel eyeliner. I find it's the easiest to control. Liquid will also work, but I find it's a little bit harder. You can even use a dark eyeshadow for eyeliner. This one's pretty flexible.)





Mascara (But if you are just wanting to learn, mascara is pretty self explanatory. I don't think you really need to practice.)





As for the rest of your makeup, depending on your skin, I would suggest a very light liquid tint, (I love Almay's self-adjusting one.) blush (try to stay with a natural color.) and a lipstick or lip gloss. If you want directions, there are a lot of great sites. I find that MACcosmetics.com and cosmopolitan.com have great how-to guides, but MAC is going to be a little bit more intense and tricky.





I've included a step-by-step guide on how to do a smoky eye, which can be vamped up for evening or toned down for daytime.





Oh, I totally didn't even realize that you were willing to pay 35.00. I thought you meant for makeup. But, no, you should not have to pay to learn how to do makeup. Set up an appointment with a department store counter (make sure there's no minimum buy. MAC is amazing and there's no minimum, if you go to a kiosk and not a MAC store.) There are a lot of great videos on YouTube and your local library should have some makeup how-to books. They should tell you how to figure out what style of makeup works best for your eyes/face.Where can I learn to apply makeup that's cheap but quality?
I don't think you should pay to learn how to put on makeup. You could just go to a makeup counter and ask them to do your makeup in the way you want them to (example: natural, 'red carpet' look, etc). I'm sure Clinique offers to do your makeup and maybe MAC. It's usually free. If you like what you see, ask them how they did it. Also ask what they used on you so you have an idea what looks good on you. Just make sure that you don't go to one of those scary looking people who put waaay to much makeup on for their own good...you dont want to look like them trust me! Or you could google how to apply makeup. There are detailed answers there that are just as good as paying for it. The videos and pics are especially helpful.
go to Barnes %26amp; Noble %26amp; ask the people to help you find a makeup application book . or, for free, go to Seventeen.com or another teen magazine site %26amp; they'll have videos/tips on applying makeup .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks